Businesses serving the federal government in the Washington, DC area face unique challenges and compliance requirements. Government contractors must apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), as well as other government standards. The Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) helps enforce the rules and guidelines created by FAR and CAS to ensure tax dollars are being spent wisely.
To be a successful government contractor in Washington, DC and continue acquiring contracts, businesses must be able to complete a DCAA audit. While DCAA provides various checklists and tools to assist with reporting requirements, the process can be complicated and confusing.
Our experienced DCAA CPAs know what the government needs to see, how to maximize government contract reimbursements, and how to maintain compliance with FAR and CAS regulations. Clearly documenting how businesses use money from government contracts and the results achieved, as well as following specific accounting and bookkeeping techniques are required.
Our DCAA Compliant Accounting Services include:
- Budgeting and cash flow forecasting
- Assistance with DCAA compliant time and billing software
- DCAA QuickBooks online, QuickBooks desktop, Deltek, Unanet and Procas accounting software support
- Assistance with the DCAA preaward accounting system adequacy checklist to meet SF1408 criteria
- Chart of accounts development, and contract accounting to be DCAA compliant
- Assistance with the DCAA incurred cost electronic (ICE) model
- Monthly or quarterly DCAA compliant accounting Services
- Specialized contract invoicing
- Reviewed or compiled financial statements
- DCAA audit readiness
- SBA 8(a) certification assistance
- Direct and indirect rate analysis
- Tax Planning
- Preparation of LLC, Partnership, S Corp and C Corp Returns
- Government contractor owner’s individual tax returns
- State Income Tax and Multi-State Tax Preparation
DCAA CPA Services in Washington, DC
We can help your government contracting business develop systems that take the worry out of DCAA compliance and help executives make meaningful decisions about business growth and the contracts they enter into.
If you are interested in speaking more about our DCAA Compliant Accounting Services:
GET A FREE CONSULT