Virginia Career Works in partnership with SkillsSource Group Inc. has announced a $25,000 business support grant to combat the economic impact of the Coronavirus outbreak.
This grant is intended to support local employers to avoid layoffs and support other operational needs.
The grant could be used in the following ways:
- To purchase cleaning/sanitization services.
- To purchase telework software/programs or equipment for employees such as laptop computers and/or smart phones, etc.
- And other innovative methods that keep businesses open and workers employed
Funding cannot be used for employee payroll and fringe benefit expenses.
Any business with employees located in Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William counties and the cities of Fairfax, Falls Church, Manassas and Manassas Park that has 250 or fewer employees is eligible.
Arlington and Alexandria County are under a different umbrella for Virginia Career Works. You can reach their office here:
How to apply:
- Fill out the COVID-19 Rapid Response funding application and budget spreadsheet.
- Submit your completed application to Seema Jain, VP of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application requests shall not exceed $25,000. Smaller requests are encouraged.
- Approved employers are required to enter into an agreement with the SkillSource Group, Inc. that will outline the project deliverables and outcomes.
- For all grant contracts, SkillSource will reimburse the company for expenses, up to the approved contract amount.
If you have questions please reach out to Seema Jain, the VP of Operations for Virginia Career Works at 703-827-3782 or email@example.com for more guidance.