- Small Business Accounting
- Business and Individual Tax
- Non-Profit Organizations
Background & Experience
Tariq came to Wendroff & Associates, CPA through its accounting internship program. He works on both accounting and tax, supporting many local small businesses and NonProfit Organizations with their monthly accounting needs. Prior to Wendroff & Associates, CPA, Tariq worked at PwC and KPMG, both in Sri Lanka.
Tariq is greatly valued for his patient, analytical style of creating business solutions and tax strategies, as well as for his fine selection of exotic teas (ask him about it). Tariq graduated from the School of Business at George Washington University and the Leventhal School of Accounting at the University of Southern California. He is a member of the Arlington Chamber of Commerce.
- M.S. – Accounting, George Washington University
- B.S. – Accounting, University of Southern California
Licensing & Certifications
- Currently preparing for CPA Exam
Professional & Community Service Involvement
- Member of the Arlington Chamber of Commerce
- Arlington Small Business CEO Roundtable
On the Personal Side
- Tariq played shooting guard on the Sri Lankan National Basketball Team, participating in several international games.
- He was a AMMS Tsunami Relief Volunteer from June 2005 to August 2005, relocating and rehabilitating more than 100 tsunami victims and families.
- Tariq is an avid movie lover and connoisseur, and his favorites include Pan’s Labyrinth, City of God and La Vita e Bella.