Are you a dynamic and driven sales/business development professional with a proven track-record for building solid customer relationships and a passion for success? If so, we are looking for someone with your skillset.
Wendroff & Associates, CPA is an award-winning firm seeking an Inside Sales Representative. In this role, you’ll be a key player in driving our growth, expanding our customer base, and nurturing current customer and partner relationships.
About the Position:
Your main focus will be engaging with potential customers who are already seeking our services and maintaining strong relationships with existing customers to understand their needs and expand our services with them. 100% of the customers who you’ll engage with will have reached out and inquired about our tax and accounting services.
As our Inside Sales Representative, your expertise will be pivotal as you navigate the course of the sales process from start to finish. You will function as a strategist, to better understand a potential customer’s tax and accounting needs. You will communicate our tax and accounting products effectively to provide solutions to our customers based on their needs. Your end goal is to transition the potential customer to an active customer.
Your role includes preparing quotes, explaining our products to customers, and converting prospects into long-term customers. In both times of economic boom and downturn, people turn to a reliable CPA. We need your skills to articulate how our tax and accounting services can be that reliable solution for businesses and individuals.
At Wendroff CPA, mutual growth is ingrained in our ethos. As simple as it sounds, as you grow, so do we. If you’re ready to join a team committed to each other’s success and you’re passionate about what you do, we’d love to hear from you. Let’s grow together.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage at least 200-300 potential customers a year who need our tax and accounting products to assist with the growth of their business or personal wealth and our own internal revenue goals.
- Identify and engage with 20-40 existing customers a year who need additional tax and accounting products to assist with the growth of their business or personal wealth and our own internal revenue goals.
- During peak tax season, facilitate 15-20 incoming calls a day with potential customers and coordinate with our internal team to onboard them as new clients.
- During non-peak season, facilitate 5-10 incoming calls a day with potential customers and coordinate with our internal team to onboard them as new clients.
- Use sales tools, including the Outreach Sales Execution Platform, to engage with prospects and effectively communicate the value propositions of our services.
- Coordinate with our internal team members to identify additional tax and accounting products needed by key customers and reach out to expand our services.
- Reach out to past prospects who did not originally hire us to see if there is a new opportunity to engage.
- Stay up-to-date with tax and accounting industry laws, trends, market conditions, and competitors to communicate effectively with potential customers and identify growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal team members to develop strategies and proposals for large customer engagements.
- Develop methods to engage more customers by improving our communication process using automation, AI, and other technology.
- Act as a trusted advisor to customers, providing exceptional customer service and ensuring customer satisfaction that results in positive online reviews and referrals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Marketing, or a related field.
- 4+ years of experience in an inside/outside sales role, preferably within the accounting or professional services industry.
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities.
- Proficiency in using sales and technology tools, including Outreach.io, Calendly, CRM systems, Slack, Google Meet/docs, etc. to engage with prospects.
- Ability to understand customer needs and effectively position our services to meet those needs.
- Self-motivated, target-driven, and able to work independently.
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills.
- Goal-oriented to reach weekly, monthly and annual revenue goals.
Base Salary + Commission
Base Salary: $60,000 annually*
Commission: 10% of sales revenue you close up to a certain amount, and 15% after.
*Potential to earn up to $140,000, which includes the base salary and commission.
Why Join Wendroff, CPA:
- Our Culture: We pride ourselves on maintaining a small, family-like culture that fosters a supportive and collaborative environment. You’ll have access to resources and personnel at all levels of the company, allowing for knowledge-sharing and professional growth opportunities. Learn more about The Wendroff Experience.
- Competitive Compensation: Salary will consist of a base salary and a commission structure based on revenue brought in.
- Comprehensive Benefits: We offer a strong teleworking program, 401k, health, dental, vision, long-term disability, short-term disability, life insurance, and education reimbursement benefits.
- Remote Work: This position is fully remote giving you an opportunity to sell our products at the convenience of your home.
- Recognition: We have been named to Arlington Magazine’s Best Places to Work 2022 list, acknowledging our commitment to providing an exceptional workplace.
- Diversity and Inclusion: At Wendroff & Associates, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our firm represents individuals from various countries, and we strive to create a respectful workplace where all employees feel valued, appreciated, and safe.
- Team Connection: Opportunity to participate in our weekly lunch and learns, company retreats and other company events to be part of the team.
- Work Exposure: Joining our team means you’ll have exposure to various areas of accounting and financial services. From individual taxes to business taxes, tax planning to business consulting, accounting process development to budgeting and forecasting, and business development/sales, you’ll have the chance to work on diverse tasks and gain valuable experience.
How to Apply
If you are ready to take on a challenging role and make a significant impact on our firm’s growth, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and achievements. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.